Don't miss out on all the fun!
Check out what's happening... these programs were created for you. Designed for Students, by Students
SODEXO “BEACHES AND BRUSHES DESIGN YOUR OWN BEACH TOWEL” CONTEST
These Official Rules are the legal agreement ("Agreement") between you and Sponsor governing your participation in the Contest. Please read these Official Rules carefully. The Sponsor is willing to allow you to participate only on the condition that you accept all of the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement. You accept the terms and conditions of this Agreement by participating in the Contest. If you are unwilling to accept this Agreement, do not participate in the Contest.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age of older as of 9/01/2011 and enrolled in good standing at a post-secondary school with Sodexo-managed campus dining. Winners will be required to provide proof of enrollment and proof of age to claim prize. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees of Sodexo and its "Promotional Participants" (i.e., affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers involved in this Contest) and their immediate family members (mother, father, sister, brother, husband, wife, daughter, son, step-father, step-mother, step-daughter, step-son, step-brother, step-sister, half-brother, half-sister) and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible.
2. TO ENTER: Beginning 10:00:00 AM ET on 9/01/2011 through 10:00:00 PM ET on 10/15/2011, log on to www.forstudentsbystudents.com and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the on-line entry form and submit an image showing your original beach towel design or a written description of your original beach towel design ("Entry").
You may not submit both an Image and a Written Submission with a single Entry. Limit one (1) entry per person. Incomplete, unintelligible entries, entries not received by entry deadline and entries that do not fully comply with all of the requirements set forth herein will be disqualified.
3. ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: By submitting an Entry in the Contest, you hereby warrant and represent that your entry conforms to the Entry Requirements set forth herein.
its products and services unfavorably, and must be suitable for all ages, suitable for publication in a public forum (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion).
4. JUDGING: All Entries will be judged by a panel of Judges beginning on or about 10/20/11.
Image Entries will be judged based on the following criteria: (60%) Creative Expression/Originality of Theme and (40%) Clarity/Quality of image. The entrant who submitted the highest scoring Image Entry will win a Grand Prize (subject to verification). In the event of a tie, tie will be broken based upon the highest score for Creative Expression/Originality of Theme.
Written Entries will be judged based on the following criteria: (60%) Creative Expression/Originality of Theme and (40%) Ease of creating artwork based on description. The entrant who submitted the highest scoring Written Entry will also win a Grand Prize (subject to verification). In the event of a tie, tie will be broken based upon the highest score for Creative Expression/Originality of Theme.
5. PRIZES & APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”): (2) Grand Prizes – a trip for winner and one (1) guest to St. Augustine, Florida. Prize consists of round trip coach class airfare for two from a major airport near winner’s residence to Jacksonville, FL, three (3) nights accommodations at Sponsor-specified hotel in St. Augustine, FL (one room, double occupancy), Sponsor-specified daily breakfast, a Sponsor-specified St. Augustine Excursion and $500 in spending money. ARV: $2,700. Actual retail value of trip will depend on airfare fluctuations and winner's point of departure/return. Any difference between stated approximate retail value and actual value of prize will not be awarded. All other travel-related expenses, including but not limited to ground transportation, meals, gratuities, luggage fees and incidental hotel and personal expenses are the sole responsibility of the winner. Trip must be taken within one year of prize notification or prize will be forfeited in its entirety. Winner and guest must possess required travel documents (e.g. valid photo I.D.) prior to departure and must travel on the same itinerary. Prize consists of only the items specifically listed as part of the prize. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value.
Additionally, one of the winning designs MAY be featured in (or be the inspiration for the design for) upcoming Sodexo promotions and may be printed on (or be the inspiration for a design on) beach towels to be used in future Sodexo giveaways.
6. GENERAL RULES: No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of prize by winner permitted. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of winner. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. All materials submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Potential winners will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability/Publicity Release Form, within 14 days of notification. Guest of winner will be required to sign and return a Release of Liability/Publicity Release Form prior to booking trip. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate may be selected. If potential winner is deemed a minor in his/her state of residence, minor’s parent/legal guardian must sign paperwork on behalf of minor. By submitting an Entry, you agree that your submission is gratuitous and made without restriction, and will not place Sponsor under any obligation. Submission of an Entry grants Sponsor and its agents an unlimited, worldwide, perpetual, license and right to publish, use, publicly perform the Entry in any way, in any and all media, without limitation, and without consideration to the entrant. By accepting a prize, the winner agrees that its Entry will be deemed a Work Made For Hire under the Copyright laws of the United States, but if it cannot be so deemed, then the winner irrevocably assigns and transfers to Sponsor all of his/her right, title and interest in and to his/her video, including all but not limited to all copyright and trademark rights which he or she may have, in the United States and worldwide, therein, for consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged. Upon request of Sponsor, potential winner shall execute and deliver such additional instrument of assignment, as may be solely deemed by Sponsor, reasonably necessary to establish the ownership of record of the right, title and interest in and to the Entry and of the copyrights transferred and “Moral Rights of Authors” waived under these Official Rules. Should Sponsor fail to request the said assignment as stated, that shall not be deemed a waiver of Sponsor’s rights and Sponsor may at a later time request the assignment. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to the Sponsor to use winners’ names and/or likenesses for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. By accepting prize, winners (or parent/legal guardian if winner is deemed a minor in his/her state of residence) agree to release and hold Sponsor, the Promotional Participants, and each of their respective parent and affiliate companies, directors, officers, employees and assigns of each harmless against any and all claims, damages, losses, expenses and liability arising out of acceptance/use of prize. Entrants (or parent/legal guardian if entrant is deemed a minor in his/her state of residence) assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Contest, and the acceptance or use of any prize. By participating in this Contest, entrants (or parent/legal guardian if winner is deemed a minor in his/her state of residence) agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the judges.
7. WEBSITE: The Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete or unintelligible entries, entries not received by entry deadline, for interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections, miscommunications, computer hardware or software, and other technical errors or failures of any kind, including any injury or damage to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or experiencing any materials in connection with the Contest; unauthorized human intervention, failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions or other errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical or electronic, that may limit a user's ability to participate in the Contest, including without limitation, the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information online regardless of cause. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or like entry methods will void all entries affected by such methods and be deemed tampering. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected, or if the individual fails to comply with any requirement of participation as stated herein or with any provision in these Official Rules. You may not attempt, or authorize, encourage, or support others’ attempts, to circumvent, reverse engineer, decrypt, break or otherwise alter or interfere with the Service. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. Not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; not responsible for technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in phone lines or network or software; unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest, technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or any injury or damages to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest if fraud, misconduct or technical failures destroy the integrity of the Contest; or if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper administration of the program as determined by Sponsor/judging agency/administrator, in their sole discretion. In the event of termination, a notice will be posted online and judging will be conducted from among all eligible entries received prior to termination. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by an entrant to obtain more than one (1) entry by using multiple/different email addresses or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. In the event a dispute arises regarding specific individual entitled to receive prize, entry will be declared made by the “authorized e-mail account holder” and any damage made to the website will also be the
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY PARTICIPANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND PARTICIPANTS HEREBY WAIVE, ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES WHATSOEVER. IN NO EVENT SHALL SPONSOR OR THE PROMOTIONAL PARTICIPANTS BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTICIPANT OR WINNER FOR DAMAGES THAT EXCEED THE VALUE OF THE PRIZE TO BE AWARDED TO ANY INDIVIDUAL PARTICIPANT IN THIS CONTEST.
9. WIN LIST: For the names of the winners, available after 11/11/11, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped (#10) envelope to: Sodexo “Beaches and Brushes Design Your Own Beach Towel” Contest Winners List Request, Sodexo, 200 5th Ave., Waltham, MA 02451, to be received by 10/10/11.
10. SPONSOR: Sodexo, 9801 Washington Blvd., Gaithersburg, MD 20878.HELP INFORMATION: If you need help or have any questions at any time, please email CampusServicesMarketing@sodexo.com. Please include your name, school and phone number. You can also call 781-902-7451 or mail your help request to: Sodexo, 9801 Washington Blvd, Gaithersburg, MD 20878.